Hi there. The Male Sigma Personality Vs the Zeta Male Personality Hey. Where do we start? The two types of men are right under our noses but also seem to be hidden in plain sight just like ninjas. These are the men, the Ninjas capable of greatest but dedicated to their own goals.
It is one of the most significant attributes of all the great men throughout history. They have mostly been either Sigmas or Zetas but they have more often been without woman, ignored by society (until their success) and highly intelligent men of action. [Two examples come to mind straight off the bat: Albert Einstein & Nikola Tesla].
I am hoping as you read through this post two themes are going to arise for you.
The first is, Action; the second is conformance. Let me know in the comment below how these two manifested for you.
Please note that the female sigmas and zetas are in no way similar.
Sigma Male Definition & Zeta Male Definition: Recap on previous post.
If you missed my previous posts, don’t despair. Here are the relevant excerpts.
From the above you can see quite a few similarities but just as many differences between the two. If I was to do a comparison between every two groups on the social pyramid (sigma, zeta, alpha, beta, gamma, omega, delta) I would be surprised if the sigma and zeta pair were not the two closest in resemblance.
Before I get into the detail of similarities and differences between sigma and zeta I want to share with you some learnings my Indian readers have shared with me on the social pyramid analogy I previously wrote about.
Escaping the Social Pyramids. Yes It can be done.
I wrote quite a lot of material on the social pyramids which proved to be quite popular and nowhere near as controversial as I had expected. Follow this link to the Social Pyramids Section Front Page to access those posts.
What I have learned since those posts is that there are a lot of people to whom the pyramids do not apply. To start with there is the aristocracy class (upper caste system) who do not need to concern themselves with such social matters. Money buys social status for them. To be perfectly honest with you the topic of money dominates every premise that social construct is build for.
Along with the aristocrats escaping the social pyramids we have the lower classes. They don’t have the inclination to comply with such social rules because social culture pales into insignificance when food and shelter are not readily available. In the developed nations we are different in the fact that we have a welfare state propping up the lower classes.
Nevertheless playing the social game (aka climbing the social ladder) tends to be the realm of the middle classes. Men strive to get money, so that they can get a better woman. Meanwhile women play the social ladder game to try to get the best man they can (until something better comes alone).
I want to thank my Indian readers for teaching me about the Indian class system and how the above concepts are relevant to the west as well.
Commonalities Between Sigma Male and Zeta Male
Social Knowledge & Life Experience
- Both Sigma and Zeta have the shared knowledge of how social structures work and how the individuals within such structures fit
- I strongly believe that this knowledge doesn’t come from theory. It best gained through experience. Usually the type of life experiences required to gain such knowledge bring with them great heartache & suffering but then great personal growth, knowledge, spirituality and wisdom to rebuild from the ashes.
Mastery of Self
- On the flip side of every social situation is the internal interaction with your persona (ego) and also with your inner self. Both Sigma and Zeta men are masters of both their persona (ego) and their own unconscious personality component (Freud referred to it as your Id)
Propensity for Action
- Without a doubt these two groups of men are the men who break new ground, do new things, take new risks and innovate more than anyone else. While the alpha and betas trod the path sigmas and zeta forge new paths.
- It takes a lot of backbone and indifference to society these days to innovate. Social group structures and acceptable behaviors have become so hard ingrained into us that conformance has become the only behavior every one knows. Everyone that is except for the sigma and zetas.
What Sets the Sigma Male Apart From the Zeta Male
Two Different Ideas Of What Success Is
- these two men strive for completely different things. While they both strive to be ghosts that operate around the mainstream fringes they intend to do different things with the ghost status.
- the Sigma strives to be the ghost that everybody knows about (Batman, Superman, Spiderman)
- the Zeta strives to be the ghost that nobody knows about. Aka Ninja Assassin – unseen & unheard.
Here is a mildly related clip that I have been trying to include into a post for years. Enjoy.
Empathy & Compassion For Others
- Whilst the Sigma men will at times defend the weak the Zeta man would much prefer to sit back and watch it all burn down to the ground (they will not participate in other peoples problems).
What Is Your Life Direction? Spiderman (Sigma) or Ninja Assassin (Zeta)?
The Spiderman and the Ninja analogies may not be the best but they are funny. 🙂
The last topic I hesitantly broach here is the progression through the social Hierarchy. I said earlier that such social knowledge and self mastery does not come from theory of conformance. One must tackle life and ultimately fail in certain aspects of it to truly go through the steep period of personal growth required to reach either Zeta or Sigma.
In respect to the Sigmas. Spiderman is master of the community but cursed by his need to conceal his identity. James Bond is master of the spies but cursed by his morality.
In respect to the Zetas. I see a lot of men successfully recover from divorce, go through great lengths to rebuild, only to wear off women and remain cursed by all means of personal demons.
On one or two very seldom occasions I have seen Zeta men grow beyond these personal demons and become Sigmas, and vice versa.
Hi there, My friends call me Remy. I am a middle aged divorcee that has decided not to walk the path other people decided to set down for me. I have gained the most strength in my life from my failures. Resilience is a very powerful attribute if you can manage it, I am still building mine up but stick with me and we can forge ahead together.